Thursday, November 21, 2013

Magnetic Post-it Notes


As promised, here is a really quick tut on my accessory piece for my Magnetic Grocery List.  I wanted to have a quick and handy place to write a note, without it being on my grocery list.  And lets be honest so that none of the lovely men I live with from walking off with my list because they needed a piece of paper LOL!

I gathered my supplies:  old magnetic sign, scrapbook paper, hot glue gun, wire, small alligator clip, double sided tape, straight pin, and most importantly a foam coaster I bought on clearance a while back.

I cut the paper and magnetic sheet to the size of the coaster.  I used the tape to attach the paper to the coaster.  Next, I placed the post its in the alligator clip and decided where I wanted to place it on the coaster.  Now I took the pin and made a hole on either side of the clip. 




I then cut off a piece of wire and fed it through both holes and attached the clip.  I twisted the wire together tight, but not so tight as to bend the coaster. 

I really poured on the hot glue to the magnet square and pressed it on to the coaster.  Now, remember this is going to be very hot so be careful.  I flipped it back over  and pressed down for about a minute.

Lastly, clip the post it notes with the clip.  And that is it!  Love a really quick project that has big bang!  I think I may even make another without the post its to clip messages that I need to keep up with!





While we are at it I will show you this really quick free standing post it holder.  This is just a simple frame with a scrapbook paper insert.  Then I hot glued on the post it notepad and cute bow.  This has the potential for being my spring teacher gifts!  I know you are thinking, " I thought you homeschool?!"  And you are right I do, but my boys are highschooler.  That being said there are classes that I don't want to, nor feel qualified to teach.  So my boys take several classes at a co-op and my oldest has started Lone Star College for dual credit this year also.

Don't forget to check out our etsy store http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheEssenceOfSSS?ref=search_shop_redirect we just put on a new wreath.  There is another coming quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment