Sunday, November 17, 2013

A Traveling Monument

I just wanted to share a moment from our lives last weekend.  The Traveling Vietnam Memorial Wall came here to Magnolia and on Veteran's Day weekend. 

I've never had the opportunity to visit Washington D.C.  but have always wanted to visit all the incredible monuments.  This was a fabulous opportunity to feel a little connected to those amazing places. 

The Wall itself was quite something to see.  But the silence that seems to fall around it brings
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
home all those young lives that were silenced in that far away place.  As a mom of two boys my heart ached as I looked at those names.  Though, for all its sadness there is something really wonderful about that monument.  I hope that if it ever comes near your home that you and your family can take the time to visit.  And thank you again to all those that have and do continue to serve this country! 

No comments:

Post a Comment